Roses are the most cultivated ornamental under glass. The development of pests such as aphids, thrips, red spider mite and whitefly has taken off at a rapid pace in recent years. Factors contributing to this include an increase in the amount of growing light, the limiting of plant protection products and the changeover to new cultivation systems. It has become increasingly clear that the modern grower can no longer get by without a solid crop protection plan.
Micothon assists modern growers with a fully automatic spraying robot which not only brings about a substantial reduction in ppp’s use but also in savings in terms of labour costs and time.
The 10 advantages of Micothon in the cultivation of roses:
- Air-assisted spraying technology results in better coverage and less growth inhibition
- Up to 50% savings on the purchase of ppp’s and on labour costs
- Professional and reliable machine with a thorough testing programme
- Rustproof through use of stainless steel
- Automatic operation without failures – any breakdown is immediately reported by mobile phone message
- With a 4-wheel drive spray unit there is no slipping
- Wall sensors/detectors guarantee precise operation along side walls
- Various subsidy options (e.g. Groen Label [Green Label])
- Option for high capacity trellywide spraying
- Extensive range of programme options, such 3 to 6 possible spraying speeds